Christina Diaz, Fire Marshal
407-665-5042 E-MailBanka Doiton 2019
General Inquiries: 407-665-5042
The mission of the Fire Prevention Bureau is to protect the lives and property of our citizens and firefighters through an assertive program of fire safety and inspections and code enforcement activities.
The Seminole County Fire Prevention Bureau is responsible for the enforcement of the Florida Fire Prevention Code, as well as local laws and ordinances as adopted by both the State of Florida and Seminole County. The aim of the Fire Prevention Bureau is to provide the services necessary to establish a reasonable level of fire and life safety and property protection from the hazards created by fire, explosion, and other dangerous conditions. This is currently accomplished by providing services to unincorporated Seminole County and the City of Winter Springs.
Services provided by the Seminole County Fire Prevention Bureau include:
- Development Reviews of site plans and new developments are completed in cooperation with developers, engineers and contractors to ensure adequate fire department emergency access and water supplies for firefighting.
- Plans Review for new construction and fire protections systems are completed in cooperation with design professionals to ensure fire and life safety code compliance with submitted plans.
- Acceptance Inspections for new construction and fire protections systems make certain that required fire and life safety features are constructed, installed and operating properly prior to occupancy or use.
- State Required Fire Inspections of Uniform Occupancies are performed as required for business owners who operate adult care facilities, child care facilities, private schools, transient public lodging facilities and public food service establishments.
- Target Hazard Inspections are performed on occupancies that present a high incident of fire and life safety hazards such as apartment and condominium complexes, assembly occupancies and industrial and manufacturing businesses.
Building and Permitting InformationBanka Doiton 2019